Searches & Databases
Index of People
Sites related to various locations where I've found my ancestors.
- 1895 US Maps
- Images of states and counties from an 1895 US Atlas. Also links to many other geography resources for genealogists.
- Seattle Genealogical Society
- Genealogical Society of Seattle, WA. Includes holdings, publications, membership information, and links to other area resources.
- Seattle Public Library
- Seattle Public Library has a large genealogical research section. You can investigate their holdings online before you trek there.
- The 1820 Federal Population Census for the Territory of
Michigan (includes Brown, Crawford, Macomb, Michilimackinack,
Monroe, Oakland, and Wayne counties plus the Town of Detroit).
Census of Michigan Territory
- 1830 Census of Michigan Territory. A Project of the Kent
County Michigan GenWeb Project.
1870 Census search
- Michigan 1870 Census search
Michigan Home Page
- Visit Albion, Michigan, nestled among the forks of the
Kalamazoo River in Southern Mid-Michigan.
- American Local History Network, Michigan state site.
Circulars, State Archives of Michigan
- The State Archives of Michigan created circulars listing
its holdings on specific subjects. An inventory of these
subjects is listed on this page.
Historical Library Central Michigan University Books
- Clarke Historical Library Central Michigan University On-Line
Books To improve access to historical resources regarding
Michigan and the Old Northwest
- Division of Vital Records and Health Statistics Michigan
Department of Community Health Genealogical Death Indexing
System, Michigan Welcome to GENDIS
History, Geneology, and Ed - MI
- Michigan US Customs-Immigration Station, Marine City, MI
Ports of Entry, records created at each port, dates of those
records, where they were origina
of America - Michigan Collection
- Making of America - Michigan Collection
- The Dibean's Michigan Marriage Collection is available
for searching by name or county or a combination.
- Michigan General Land Office Records Map showing township
and range information
- Searchable database of Michigan cemeteries. This does not
list individuals buried in a cemetery, but does describe
where a cemetery is, what it is called, and what other cemeteries
- Michigan Counties Map The purpose of this page is simply
to show where the counties are in the state and how they
situate in relation to the others.
Family History Network
- Michigan Family History Network
- Map of Michigan counties from Ancestry.com.
- This Page links to other Migration Projects within the
State of Michigan.
Newspaper Family Histories
- Michigan Newspaper Family Histories
Obituary Links Page
- Michigan Obituary Links Web search
Obituary Search Engines
- This page is a resource for finding local search engines
that allow keyword searches through obituaries that have
- With documents dating back to 1797, the State Archives
of Michigan houses much of Michigan's record heritage.
- WMGS Online
Searchable Genealogy Databases
- Online genealogy databases published by the Western Michigan
Gratiot County, Michigan
- Gratiot Co, MI ALHN
- Gratiot Co, MI Genealogy pages at the American Local History Network
- Gratiot Co, MI at Rootsweb
- Gratiot Co, MI genealogy resources at Rootsweb
Hillsdale County, Michigan
- Hillsdale County at Rootsweb
- Genealogy information regarding Hillsdale Co, MI
- Hillsdale County Michigan USGenWeb Project Homepage
- Genealogical clearinghouse for Hillsdale County Michigan. Post and view queries, access bibliography of research sources and view some source materials
Jackson Co, MI
- Jackson Co, MI USGenWeb
- Part of the USGenWeb network, regarding Jackson Co, MI
- Making of America - Cornell Collection
- Materials accessible here are Cornell University Library's contributions to Making of America (MOA), a digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction.
- New York American Local History Network
- The New York Local History Network is a central point of entry to independent web sites with historical
- Roster No. 3, New York Soldiers
- Roster No.3, New York Soldiers by the Organization of New York Soldiers Living in Michigan July 1891
- 1840 Census of Pensioners
- SOURCE: 1840 Census of Pensioners Revolutionary or Military Services; With the names, ages, and places of residence; Returned by the marshalls of the several judicial districts; under The Act for Taking the Sixth Census
Albany County, New York
- Albany NY Genealogy Resources
- GUIDE TO ALBANY AREA GENEALOGICAL RESOURCES by Cliff Lamere (Copyright July 1999, July 2000)
Monroe County, New York
- Monroe Co, NY ALHN
- Monroe Co, NY at American Local History Network.
Logan County, West Virginia
- 1850 Logan County, VA Census
- The 1850 Logan County, Virginia Census Enumerated by James G. Perry, Jul-Oct 1850
- Early Logan Co VA/WV Marriages
- LOGAN CO VA EARLY MARRIAGE RECORDS 1853 - 1860 William Straton - County Clerk Transcribed by Vicie "Babe" Waskey Fowler
- History of Logan Co, WV by Henry Clay Ragland
- The "History of Logan County" was originally written by Henry Clay Ragland about the year 1896.
- Logan Co WV Cemeteries
- Logan County Cemeteries The 1900 Logan County WV Census listed a few thousand inhabitants in Logan County. By 1920, over 40,000 individuals were listed...
- Logan Co, WV, Homepage
- Logan County WV, part of the USGENWEB Project, genealogy on the Internet.
- Logan County WV Death Index
- LOGAN COUNTY WV DEATH INDEX This index has been placed on these webpages for use by the general genealogical community.
- Genealogy Resources in Government Documents
- Author: Inba Kehoe; Author: Modifications by Jeff Moon; Dept: Queen's University Libraries
- Marriages in Ontario, 1840 - 1917
- Transcriptions of marriage records in Ontario (does not include all counties) 1840-1917.
- Ontario, CA - GRANNY'S GENEALOGY GARDEN
- GRANNY'S GENEALOGY GARDEN is a large website which contains fully indexed 1817 to 1901 Census, Ships Passenger Lists, Maps and links for the Province...
- The homepage for the town of Doerrenbach, where many of my German
ancestors are from. The site is all in German.
from Walter Schlicher's Dörrenbach 992-1992
- Excerpts from a book written to celebrate the town of Dorrenbach's
1000-year anniversary. The book was published in German,
but these excerpts are translated into English.
- "Little Poland" - WorldGenWeb site for Malopolskie
- English-language information about Poland.
- Listing of Poland's provinces prior to 1999, when a reorganization
- Translate a word or phrase to/from English/Polish.
- English-language Polish genealogy information. Extremely
Genealogical Society of Connecticut
- Polish genealogy for all of New England, not just Connecticut.
Searches and Databases
Not location- or surname-specific.
- Genealogy And Genealogical Search Engines For Family Surnames Research
- Ancestral Findings
- Free Genealogy Lookups birth,census,death,marriage,veterans
- Canadian Obituary Links
- Online Cemetery Inscription Search
- Family Tree Maker's Genealogy Site Home Page
- Genealogy Helplist
- Genealogy Helplist The Genealogy Helplist consists of volunteers who are willing to help others by looking up specific items at institutions near them
- Genealogy.com Home Page
- GenForum - Over 35,000 online forums devoted to genealogy, including surnames, U.S. states, countries, counties, and general topics.
- Welcome to GenTree Online Genealogical Database Index Whitney Research Group My Whitney Family Genealogy Homepage Whitney Research Group's Pierce Proj
- Local Obituary Search Engines
- Search Multiple Genealogy Databases
- NUCMC Home Page
- Welcome to the National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (NUCMC) NUCMC, or the National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collectio
- Olive Tree Genealogy Ship List transcription
- Transcriptions of Passenger Lists
- Online Genealogical Database Index
- Commonwealth Network Online Genealogical Database Index
- PASSENGER LISTS ON THE INTERNET
- PASSENGER LISTS ON THE INTERNET Search for Ships, Passenger lists, Countries or Names
- Polish Genealogical Society of America
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Genealogy Research Tool
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness lists volunteers who will do legwork in the area where they live for others far away./
- ShipSearch - Internet Passenger List Search Engine
- Snap Your Family Tree
- Use Snap's genealogy guide to trace your family ancestry, find information on surnames and lineage, and many other family-history items.
- Template for complete search at Rootsweb
- The Genealogy Home Page
- The Obituary Archive Search Engine
- The Obituary Link Page
- The Obituary Links Page - Family Archives
Browning and related
- Browning Family Genealogy On-Line
- Links to on-line genealogy resources and the BROWNING on-line genealogy database with allied families.
- Brownings and Related from Debbie Robinso
- Burgess Family and Relatives
- Descendants of Thomas P Mullins SR
- The Arthur Leeland "Lee" Belcher, Jr. Family Home Page
- Abner Vance's Homepage
Kressbach and related
- HAAS Families of Madison County, Indiana
- Heinrich Jacob Friedrich Haas and Barbara Gengel Dorothy 'Dollie' Haas [Home] [Families] [Land] [Graves]
- Ruffer Genealogy
- My Cousin Johnny's website.
Skinner and related
(D526) at ROOTSWEB
- Thomas BANCROFT Family 1: Margaret WRIGHT
of America Journals Collection
- Gazetteer and business directory of Monroe County, N. Y.
for 1869- 70
Roots - Skinner family
- A WorldConnect database at Rootsweb containing many of
my Skinner and related ancestors.
New England Register, Volume #4, Skeel - Smirking
- Contains description of some Skinner ancestors from an
in Devonshire, England
- Bevier Family
- A Photo Restoration and Enhancement Company for Genealogists
- A Photographic Restoration and Preservation Company for Museums, Families and those interested in Geneology- Just Black & White
- rare and out-of-print books from all over.
- Archaic Medical Terms
- Birthdate Calculator
- A java script to calculate the birthdate when the age at death and the death date are known. Very useful for genealogy work.
- Genealogical Research at the National Archives
- This area features genealogical resources available at the National Archives and Records Administration
- Genealogy Resources on the Internet - Introduction
- Catalog of online genealogy resources.
- Germany and Italy in 1803