- The Lowfat Vegetarian Archive, including recipes and links to vegetarian
and nutrition information. You can join their mailing list from this
Food Central - Veggie Recipes on the Web
- A collection of vegetarian recipe resources assembled by the folks
- A collection of recipes, including many vegetarian recipes, from the
Mushroom Council. Mushrooms are a great source of protein!
- Ostrom's Mushrooms
- A leading mushroom producer in the Pacific Northwest. The site contains
tons of mushroom recipes and nutrition information for several mushroom
- Vegsource - Your
friendly vegetarian resource!
- VegSource contains recipes, discussion groups, a mailing list, and
several expert and celebrity writers' columns or sites.
- Mollie Katzen
- Web site of Mollie Katzen, famous for the original Moosewood Cookbook,
Enchanted Broccoli Forest, etc. Lots of recipes!
Other Recipe Resources
- Cooking Light.com features low-fat recipes from Cooking
Light magazine. You can also search recipes from sister
magazines Southern Living and Progressive Farmer.
- Selected recipes from Canyon Ranch Spa. Recipes are low-fat
- Epicurious has a large, easily searchable database of recipes,
which tend toward the fancy. The site includes recipes and
articles from Bon Appétit and Gourmet
- This page appeals to those with small children - not only
do they have recipes for foods that kids will eat, they have
recipes for dishes that kids can help make! There are also
great holiday specials with traditional foods, like yams
with marshmallows at Thanksgiving.
and Wine Online
- This is the online version of Food & Wine magazine.
I personally think they could focus more on food and less
on wine, but then, the wine I usually buy is $8 a bottle.
- This used to be Homearts, and then Women.com, which had
a great collection of traditional and not-so-traditional
- I Love
Pasta - National Pasta Association
- I Love Pasta has a good collection of basic pasta recipes,
a large number of them vegetarian or adaptable for vegetarians.
They also have a pictorial guide to different shapes of pasta
and their names.
- Meals For You has a fairly typical collection of recipes,
with emphasis on nutritional information. For example, you
can search recipes by number of fat grams.
- This is an archive of recipes from the rec.food.recipes
newsgroup, plus other similar newsgroups. Keep in mind that
these are recipes that anyone in the whole world could have
posted - so they can be spectacular creations or spectacular
- Wondering what to do with that 20-pound salmon you caught?
Wonder no more. This site has recipes for any kind of salmon
dish you can imagine, as well as links to further salmon
and fish resources.
Searchable Online Archive of Recipes
- The SOAR archive has it all. Any recipe you're looking
for, you will find it here.
- Star Chefs
- A collection of celebrity chefs' recipes and cookbooks.
- Stonyfield Farms Yogurt Recipes
- A bunch of recipes featuring yogurt. This is a great resource if you're trying to get more calcium, or trying to cut out high fat ingredients like mayonnaise and sour cream.
- The Kitchen Link has a vast collection of kitchen tools,
gadgets, and furniture for sale.
- A directory of links about food and drink, including different
types of food and recipes, beverages, kitchen equipment,
and even recipe software. There is also a section for various
contests you can enter.
- An e-zine devoted to food and recipes. There are food related
links, a chef's bulletin board, featured articles on cooking-related
subjects, and a recipe exchange area.
- uCook.com has a great recipe search engine. It allows you
to compare recipes, create a shopping list, and displays
detailed nutrition information. It also reviews cookbooks
and sells kitchen gear.
the Recipe Network
- Features recipes every day in each of their categories
(including vegetarian). The recipes can be converted to metric
measurements, or printed out on regular paper or formatted
for index cards. All recipes are contributed by users like
- The Food Network
- This is the companion Web site to the Food Network on TV.
If you're a FoodTV fan, you can find a recipe you've seen
prepared on a show, or read the opinions of the so-called
experts. The one about drinking Rolling Rock with caviar
was too much for me...
- This is a collection of Thai recipes as collected from
a native Thai cook. There is a huge variety here, with American-style
measurements. Great resource!
- Sells high-quality saffron and vanilla beans.